Mt. Clemens, Mich. (January 13, 2018) – Polish-Russian and Michigan native, David Shelby, returns to his home state for a powerful performance tonight at the Emerald Theatre in Mt. Clemens, Michigan. With “soulful grittiness” – his songs reflect his love for country music, his current residence in Nashville, Tennessee and his roots in “the D”.
Mr. Shelby has a degree in Jazz; but lucky for us, he “traded in his trumpet for a microphone and a guitar” and took up songwriting. With an incredible sense of humor, a smile that lights up a room and the energy he brings – you’d be amiss to pass up a chance to see David perform live.
David has been known to share the stage with many of top country artists. His influences include “Garth Brooks, Chris Ledoux, Big and Rich, Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Gary Allen, Keith Urban, and Jeffrey Steele, to name a few.”
David has released a number of successful tracks, most recently Oh Yeah. This title track is known to be reminiscent of Conway Twitty’s “Tight Fittin’ Jeans”. Tonight we were fortunate enough to hear him perform it to the packed house at the Emerald Theatre. He kept us going with a powerful 13-song set that included:
1) This Life is Mine (This Life is Mine – single)
2) Looking for a Good Night (Boy Wonder – EP)
3) House Party (Sam Hunt – cover) I Want You Back (Jackson 5 – cover)
4) Ride it Out (Oh Yeah – EP)
5) Moonshine (Rust Belt Cowboy)
6) My So Called Life
7) Something Like That (Tim McGraw – cover)
8) Fishing in the Dark (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band – cover) Shine (Collective Soul – cover)
9) Southern Drawl (Oh Yeah – EP)
10) Podunk (Oh Yeah – EP)
11) Back to Us (Boy Wonder – EP)
12) Calling Baton Rouge (Garth Brooks – cover)
13) Oh Yeah (Oh Yeah – EP)
Enter for your chance to win TWO autographed David Shelby EP’s!
Senior Photojournalist: Mary Elliott
Senior Photographer: John Swider