Splice was not only privileged to cover CMA Fest 2018, but also cover artists from several wonderful Publicity Firms, Artist Management Teams, and Record Labels. Splice is grateful to work with the wonderful team at Wendy Pearl PR! Stay tuned for more coverage.
Entertainment industry veteran Wendy Pearl’s background as a journalist and publicist provides her a unique perspective from both ends of the media spectrum. Her career history includes posts as a music director at a country radio station in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, a reporter for CNN’s start-up Miami bureau, and nearly a decade as a reporter with The Miami Herald, where she contributed to the paper’s Pulitzer-winning coverage of the first Gulf War.
Since arriving in Nashville in1992, Pearl has worked in publicity and artist development at Sony Music and Asylum Records. She ran the Nashville PR team at cable network TNN (now Spike) and worked on numerous music specials and syndicated programs before being named Director of Communications for the Country Music Association (CMA) in 2000.
Pearl was named Vice President of Corporate Communications in 2006 and was instrumental in the creation and successful execution of CMA’s PR strategy for nearly 17 years. Her work includes:
- CMA Music Festival, a four-day event which attracts 88,000 people from around the world to Nashville and the companion three-hour network television special, “CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock.”
- The expansion of the popular CMA Songwriters Series franchise to public television on “Front & Center.”
- Creating national awareness for the CMA Foundation, which provides funding for music education programs serving disadvantaged children.
- Advancement of CMA’s numerous initiatives including international outreach, industry honors, and the announcement of inductees for the coveted Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Executive editor of CMA publications including the association’s award-winning magazine, CMA Close Up.
- Elevating the profile of the annual CMA Awards including announcing the nominees live on “Good Morning America,” producing the gold-standard CMA Awards Red Carpet, and the global release in 2016 of the “Forever Country” all-star, music video celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the CMA Awards.
Pearl is a graduate of the University of Miami. Her professional affiliations include the Television Academy (Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, ATAS), Leadership Music (2003), and the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).